Light vs Dark Starmade Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» 2 questions.
Bar Values and Kiosks EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 2:44 pm by FurorMagus

» Order of Bogatyrs LD Colony
Bar Values and Kiosks EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 8:45 am by Grand_Master_Bogdan

» SOF Space Industries
Bar Values and Kiosks EmptySat Jul 08, 2017 1:53 pm by BigDancingBear3

» Bounty on NaStral
Bar Values and Kiosks EmptyMon May 15, 2017 1:31 pm by DestroyerOfWorlds

» server settings
Bar Values and Kiosks EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 3:24 pm by DestroyerOfWorlds

» Forum Banner
Bar Values and Kiosks EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 4:39 pm by NaStral

» Bogatyr Development Bank
Bar Values and Kiosks EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 7:48 pm by Markonius

» Any Asgardians?
Bar Values and Kiosks EmptySun Jan 01, 2017 5:14 pm by CaptainNemo

» Shop Request - OOB
Bar Values and Kiosks EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 5:17 pm by Grand_Master_Bogdan

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 33 on Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:44 pm
Statistics
We have 55 registered users
The newest registered user is Centurion041

Our users have posted a total of 149 messages in 51 subjects

Bar Values and Kiosks

5 posters

Go down

Bar Values and Kiosks Empty Bar Values and Kiosks

Post by NaStral Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:02 pm

As you all know (or should know, yes, I'm looking at YOU...), we utilize Bronze,Silver and Gold bars to better facilitate economic activity. Bars are given for completing various forms of admin sponsored events. They can also be traded and redeemed for resources or merchandise. Each new player starts with 5 bronze bars, which can be redeemed at the Light and Dark faction homes for a starter combat ship.

We Currently have 3 automatic kiosks in operation:

Dark Public: Salamis kiosk @ 2,2,-82 (5 Bronze for 1 Salamis)
Light Public: Simeon kiosk @ 5,2,97 (5 Bronze for 1 Simeon)
Trade Guild: Resource Mart@ 9,20,3 (75,000 of every resource for 1 bronze in capsule form)

Values

1 Bronze Bar = 12,000,000 credits. (Equivalent also to 75,000 of every important resource capsule)

1 Silver Bar = 10 Bronze Bars

1 Gold Bar = 10 Silver Bars

NaStral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bar Values and Kiosks Empty Re: Bar Values and Kiosks

Post by Grand_Master_Bogdan Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:19 pm

Might I ask if there will be an exchange place to exchange bronze bars to silver bars and silver bars to gold bars (and backwards)?
Grand_Master_Bogdan
Grand_Master_Bogdan

https://starmadedock.net/threads/the-order-of-bogatyrs-recruitin

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneBlueWolf Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:32 pm

Although 75,000 of every resource is great, I would rather trade it for 1,200,000 of one resource instead. Will that come up at a later date?

LoneBlueWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Grand_Master_Bogdan Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:26 am

LoneBlueWolf wrote:Although 75,000 of every resource is great, I would rather trade it for 1,200,000 of one resource instead. Will that come up at a later date?
It is off every capsule resource. And I presume it would be difficult to implement something like what you require.
Grand_Master_Bogdan
Grand_Master_Bogdan

https://starmadedock.net/threads/the-order-of-bogatyrs-recruitin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thrace Vega Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:06 am

LoneBlueWolf wrote:Although 75,000 of every resource is great, I would rather trade it for 1,200,000 of one resource instead. Will that come up at a later date?

The 75k of each is a good general thing to put in a vending machine, but it'd be infuriating to do that for every resource. If you want 1,200,000 of one particular mineral for a bar, you can just do it by placing a bulk order with the Trade Guild.
Thrace Vega
Thrace Vega
Admin

https://lvdserver.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DestroyerOfWorlds Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:58 pm

Grand_Master_Bogdan wrote:Might I ask if there will be an exchange place to exchange bronze bars to silver bars and silver bars to gold bars (and backwards)?

This is planned. Just gotta get the kiosks set up. It's not seen as very important right now though because there isn't anything for sale yet that would merit a silver or gold bar. But these will be added in time.

Grand_Master_Bogdan wrote:
It is off every capsule resource. And I presume it would be difficult to implement something like what you require.

Some resources are more valuable than others, so I don't think it would make sense to straight up have it be the same number in total. The values would need to be weighted differently. If you'd like to make a contribution, perhaps you could create a chart showing what common resources might translate to and then we can have a look at it. (I'm not saying we will guarantee to use your values, but we can certainly look at it, right?)
DestroyerOfWorlds
DestroyerOfWorlds
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneBlueWolf Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:11 pm

DestroyerOfWorld wrote:

Some resources are more valuable than others, so I don't think it would make sense to straight up have it be the same number in total.  The values would need to be weighted differently.  If you'd like to make a contribution, perhaps you could create a chart showing what common resources might translate to and then we can have a look at it.  (I'm not saying we will guarantee to use your values, but we can certainly look at it, right?)

Challenge Accepted

Ok so, I made a list from most important resource to least important, in my opinion ofc.

This list only takes into consideration modules, and some other items. Deco blocks are ignored completely as well as computers that don't need modules (like cloak and jammer).

This list was made based on more or less on the necessity of each resource.

1) Fertikeen - It is needed to armor up your ships, it is also used for damage pulse, emp and push pulse. Also because of the spawn location of Lukrah asteroids, mining them can be a hazard. The mining hazard and the versatility of this resource is why I placed it above shield resources.

2&3) Rammet & Sertise - Used mostly for shield capacitors, as well as punch through effect, sertise has the additional use for shield supply and drain.

4&5) Sapsum & Parseen - Shield recharge and overdrive modules.

In my opinion those 5 are the most required resources in any faction at any given time. However since mining Fertikeen requires you to hug the sun sometimes, I consider it more valuable than the other 4 which can be mined rather safely.

6) Threns - Missiles, pierce, scanner and shipyard. I placed this one here, because mining suigil asteroids can be just as hazardous if not more so than the lukrah ones. Still you will only need a handful of threns on a ship compared to the vast quantities of fetikeen you will need, unless you make it out of hull or something.

7) Hylat - Cannons and ions. Best used to counter missile spam and reinforce the shields, however alot easier to mine, than threns.

8 ) Zercaner - Damage beams, push effect, pull effect. Not that I dislike damage beams, but I do think ions are more important than the push/pull effects.

9) Macet - Jump drive, warp gate and transporter. Everyone one needs a jump drive, but thanks to chain drives, not much is needed. Also, how many people even make warp gates? While transporters are mostly a convenience thing.

10) Varat - Ion and blue forcefields. Not much else to say really.

11) Mattise - Jump inhibitor, push effect, pull effect and forcefield red. Most hazardous thing to mine, however not as in high demand compared to the other things above it.

12) Sintyr - Rails, Shipyard, Explosive effect. Rails, used for docking and people who can logic, shipyard, you'll probably make 10k modules and through the rest in the garbage.

13) Jisper - Power drain and supply, and explosive effect. On this position mostly for the effect.

14) Hattle - Scanner, pierce effect and forcefield yellow. I think that people will disagre wil the postition of this one, but other than the pierce effect, scanners only need more modules to recharge faster, not do anything important like increase range. And pierce is just an effect not a requirement.

15) Bastyn - Emps. Though I the amount of display modules made probably out weighs all the emp modules ever made since the beginning of time.

16) Nocx - Warp gates and transporters. You could cover your kamikaze warheaded ships in these and not shed a single tear for the resource loss. In fact, unless the faction is using these for lights or black crystal armor, chances are that the nocx reserve of every faction must be well into the millions right now.

---------------------

Now then as for resource prices idk.

I would probably do something like.

1 = most valuable.

2-5 = these are worth the same.

6-9 = worth the same, though only slightly less valuable than 2-5.

10-15 = worth the same, maybe 30% less valuable than 6-9.

16 = dirt is more expensive than this.

Once again, I state this is my opinion only. Razz

LoneBlueWolf

Back to top Go down

Post by DestroyerOfWorlds Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:52 am

LoneBlueWolf wrote:
DestroyerOfWorld wrote:

Some resources are more valuable than others, so I don't think it would make sense to straight up have it be the same number in total.  The values would need to be weighted differently.  If you'd like to make a contribution, perhaps you could create a chart showing what common resources might translate to and then we can have a look at it.  (I'm not saying we will guarantee to use your values, but we can certainly look at it, right?)

Challenge Accepted

Ok so, I made a list from most important resource to least important, in my opinion ofc.

This list only takes into consideration modules, and some other items. Deco blocks are ignored completely as well as computers that don't need modules (like cloak and jammer).

This list was made based on more or less on the necessity of each resource.

1) Fertikeen - It is needed to armor up your ships, it is also used for damage pulse, emp and push pulse. Also because of the spawn location of Lukrah asteroids, mining them can be a hazard. The mining hazard and the versatility of this resource is why I placed it above shield resources.

2&3) Rammet & Sertise - Used mostly for shield capacitors, as well as punch through effect, sertise has the additional use for shield supply and drain.

4&5) Sapsum & Parseen - Shield recharge and overdrive modules.

In my opinion those 5 are the most required resources in any faction at any given time. However since mining Fertikeen requires you to hug the sun sometimes, I consider it more valuable than the other 4 which can be mined rather safely.

6) Threns - Missiles, pierce, scanner and shipyard. I placed this one here, because mining suigil asteroids can be just as hazardous if not more so than the lukrah ones. Still you will only need a handful of threns on a ship compared to the vast quantities of fetikeen you will need, unless you make it out of hull or something.

7) Hylat - Cannons and ions. Best used to counter missile spam and reinforce the shields, however alot easier to mine, than threns.

8 ) Zercaner - Damage beams, push effect, pull effect. Not that I dislike damage beams, but I do think ions are more important than the push/pull effects.

9) Macet - Jump drive, warp gate and transporter. Everyone one needs a jump drive, but thanks to chain drives, not much is needed. Also, how many people even make warp gates? While transporters are mostly a convenience thing.

10) Varat - Ion and blue forcefields. Not much else to say really.

11) Mattise - Jump inhibitor, push effect, pull effect and forcefield red. Most hazardous thing to mine, however not as in high demand compared to the other things above it.

12) Sintyr - Rails, Shipyard, Explosive effect. Rails, used for docking and people who can logic, shipyard, you'll probably make 10k modules and through the rest in the garbage.

13) Jisper - Power drain and supply, and explosive effect. On this position mostly for the effect.

14) Hattle - Scanner, pierce effect and forcefield yellow. I think that people will disagre wil the postition of this one, but other than the pierce effect, scanners only need more modules to recharge faster, not do anything important like increase range. And pierce is just an effect not a requirement.

15) Bastyn - Emps. Though I the amount of display modules made probably out weighs all the emp modules ever made since the beginning of time.

16) Nocx - Warp gates and transporters. You could cover your kamikaze warheaded ships in these and not shed a single tear for the resource loss. In fact, unless the faction is using these for lights or black crystal armor, chances are that the nocx reserve of every faction must be well into the millions right now.

---------------------

Now then as for resource prices idk.

I would probably do something like.

1 = most valuable.

2-5 = these are worth the same.

6-9 = worth the same, though only slightly less valuable than 2-5.

10-15 = worth the same, maybe 30% less valuable than 6-9.

16 = dirt is more expensive than this.

Once again, I state this is my opinion only. Razz

Hmm, interesting rating system here!  Thank you for your input.

I'd like to make a few observations though and I have a few questions for you.

Regarding Nocx, it is definitely more valuable than dirt.  I think you are missing something important here about one of it's uses.  It can be used to create black crystal armor (taking 30 nocx capsules total each) which can be substituted for advanced armor (which takes 20 fertikeen capsules each).  This puts it nearly on par with fertikeen, if you think about it.

Then regarding the weapons capsules.  I generally find it much harder to get hylat and threns then I do zercaner.  I also used to be a big fan of missiles with 100% ratios to damage beam.  I'd always be running short on threns, but not zercaner. This is all subjective though, of course.

But all this aside, if you were to create item capsules with each type of capsule in it, how many would you put into them?  Would it be roughly 30% less of the more valuable capsules and 30% more of the less valuable?  What would the balance be?  Keep in mind that if a player were to buy one of all types, it should add up to exactly the same amount as if they used the same amount of bars to purchase the item containers with 75k of all resources.
DestroyerOfWorlds
DestroyerOfWorlds
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum